"Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Heaven is Our Home

I’m hiding away in the bathroom right now, the one place I know I can sit for a few mintues without interruptions, reflecting on this past month. Lately I have had a lot of people ask me about our New Zealand plans and if we are still thinking about going. I always respond the same way, “We continue planning and working toward it, and are still hoping to make the move in or around October.” I have been getting this wide-eyed response a lot lately followed by, “WOW! I just don’t think I could ever leave my home and move so far from my family like that.” Reflecting on this now, I am reminded that this isn’t our home, heaven is our home. While we are on this earth we have been called to serve God, therefore we will live wherever He calls us.
With working towards our move we have started going through our house and sorting through all of our belongings. We have been boxing up items we would like to take with us to New Zealand and setting aside things we can truly live without. It can be hard deciding what to let go of and what to keep. A ton of things hold a lot of sentimental value, but really serve no purpose and as Dan always says, “You can’t drive a U-haul to Heaven” ;). As hard as it is to let go and leave our home, I know where my true treasure lies. Matthew 6:20-21 says, “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be.” It doesn’t matter where I live in this world, whether I own a house or not, what kind of car I drive, or how much money I make. All that matters is I keep my focus on God and live the life He is calling me to live, even if that means leaving my comfort zone and giving up all of my material possessions. I am at peace knowing that my true treasures are in heaven, my real home.
~Danielle

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing that you are hiding in the bathroom so you can type a full post. I get it, I get it. Great post, Danielle. Love it. Proud of y'all and admire y'all. So fun. Let the adventure continue!

    ReplyDelete