Yep, a lot of things are smaller here. I had heard before moving that food
portion sizes were smaller, but I figured that's most countries other
than America. Now we are seeing it isn't just the food portions that are
smaller. Refrigerators, washers, dryers, beds, dressers, closets, cars,
microwaves, and sinks are all things we have noticed are a lot smaller. What would be considered a small/medium load of laundry in our old washer is a very large load in our new washer, so we are doing at least a load a day. The smaller refrigerator is actually a good thing. I noticed with our big fridge we used to buy a lot of food and fill it up, but we would forget about things that were in there and it would go bad before we came around to eating it. This way we may have to make a few more trips to the market during the week, but it should save a lot of food from going to waste. The smaller food portion size is also a good thing for obvious reasons, but I sure will miss those giant servings of delicious breakfast from Morning Thunder and Red Robins burgers and bottomless fries :(.
 |
| This is a large pizza, its about the size of a small at most pizza places in California. I have small hands and you can see my hand takes up about half the pizza. |
 |
| This here is our lovely refrigerator! It is actually the biggest one out of the others we were looking at. |
 |
| This is Matty and Grayson's dresser we bought off trademe (equivalent to craigslist/ebay). We have had to be creative with organizing their clothes, since their closet is only 1/4 the size of their old closet and they had two dressers each twice the size of this one. |
LOL! Aaron just brought up Morning Thunder today! I had forgotten how ginormous their portion sizes are. ;-) Love these posts, Danielle.
ReplyDeleteHaha, yea we ate there one last time right before we left and it was so delicious! I was full all day :)
Delete